Tuesday, May 31, 2005

28th May: 3 am.

Finally finished Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird. Filled with introspections. Stepping out of the vacated room that my mom once slept in till she preferred the balcony, I found my sister sleeping on the couch in the unlit living room.

The other two rooms are lit. Are they awake? At this hour?

My father was sound asleep in our room. He had been waiting for me, for I had switched on the light before started reading in the other room.

My brother was sound asleep in the other room. He had been waiting for my sister, the other occupant of the room, who is now snoring away on the couch.

Sometimes we do careless things in our lives, which cause others to wait in vain for things that will never come. False hopes.

But sometimes they do come. Just a tad bit too late, to add to the misery of the given up wait.

No comments: