Sunday, July 03, 2005

I think Shiyu's sister's wedding

was the grandest thing I've ever been to.

Ritz Carlton Grand Ballroom, 88 tables, with 2 tables filled up by judges (2 tables of 10 judges = +/-20 judges), including the Chief Justice himself is not something I've seen before.

And the cuckoo-of-a-receptionist here doesn't know that judges go by the title of Justice...

Me: Sir, your name please?
Him: Justice Choo.
(Me thinking to myself what a funny firstname he has... I've heard of Justin, but never Justice..who does he think he is? Justice Bao?)
Going down the surname-ordered list, I found no Mr. Choo with the firstname of Justice...

Me: Justice.... nope. Sorry sir, your name's not here.
Him: Try Choo Han Teck.
Me: Ah, very good sir, your table number is 30 (or 31, can't remember).

and it's after hearing a few people calling themselves Justice then I realise something's not right. A sudden recall that Shiyu's sis is a lawyer and a quick reference to the name-and-table-number-and-relationship list (the relationships with the above crowd were plainly stated as 'Judges' ) confirmed that I was a cuckoo without any doubts.

DISCLAIMER: IN NO WAY ARE MY REFERENCES TO JUDGES MEANT TO BE INSULTIVE IN NATURE. AND I REALLY THINK JUSTICE CHOO AND JUSTICE BAO ARE COOL GUYS. PLEASE DON'T SUE ME.

No comments: